Sunday 25 June 2017

On a personal note

I wasn't sure whether or not to write this post, but felt it would be good to say firstly, sorry for not being around for the last few weeks and secondly, to say from the bottom of my heart thank you to everyone who visits and follows my blog and for your lovely comments which are always a joy to read.

My mum has been in hospital for two and a half weeks and sadly, due to dementia, she didn't do well there and lost weight. Happily she has been home for a week and doing a little better.

Sue xx

5 comments:

sandie said...

I am so,sorry to hear this Sue but pleased she is home and doing better, take care x

Brenda in IN said...

Oh Sue, I am so sorry this has happened. I know how hard this is as my husband had dementia. It is so hard to be in a strange place with strangers all around and does cause so much confusion. I'm so glad she is home and settling back into her surroundings. I'm sending you big hugs and glad she is improving.

Loll said...

Such a tough time for your mom and for you. Take care Sue! Sending hugs. Loll xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Sue - this is a difficult time for you and I am sure that one day you will look back with no regrets for caring for your mother during this period.
Hugs and prayers
Maxine

Aileen said...

Hi Sue
Sadly having my mum going through Alzehimers I can feel where your at. It can be such a hard and often lonely journey. If at any time you feel like you want to just chat or anything please get in touch cause it can feel so crippling at times. My mum's Alzehimers has progressed so quickly.... anyway just know you aren't alone ok hugs Aileen