Saturday 3 September 2016

CASology, Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, Time Out



Hi everyone, I hope you're having a good weekend.

It was the first day of Autumn two days ago here in the UK, our leaves are still green but I wanted to make something with an "autumnal feel".

The stitched leaf die-cuts were inked using Cut N Dry Foam with distress inks, I added a stitched circle die cut from vellum and a SSS die-cut sentiment, with some ink splattering in the background.

Thanks for looking!

CASology - Stitch


Time Out - Inspired by Words:
“Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.” 

7 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

This is a pretty fall card. It's in the high 80's and low 90's here so no fall yet but this morning it was 56 and wind. Won't be long before this heat leaves. I like the sponging on your leaves.

sandie said...

Sue this is beautiful, I love the richness of the leaves and so cool you used the vellum circle so we can still see this. I have seen some of your cards in blogland recently and they have all been just gorgeous, just sorry I haven't got around to commenting on them all...but still enjoy viewing the. As always great to see you at TO x

Emma Williams said...

I love all things autumnal and I adore your fabulous card...it really is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

Joyce said...

Such a beautiful card. I love your stitched frame and stitched leaves, and the beautiful colors you used. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology and Time Out.

Jill V said...

A really pretty card - I love how you paired up the stitching details on all the elements! Your sponging captures Autumn colours perfectly too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

Gerrina said...

Such beautiful coloured and textured leaves! And in such great design; there is nothing I don't like on this card! Thank you for taking TIME OUT and join us!

Lisa Kind said...

Beautiful arrangement of leaves! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!